At a glance
Approx 50 minutes
Serves 12 people
- 1/8 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 6 fresh apricots
- 1 tbsp sugar extra
- Preheat your oven to 190 C and grease a 23 cm square pan.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer) add butter, sugar, and honey to your bowl and mix. Add eggs, yoghurt, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Halve the apricots and remove the stones. Slice each half into 4 wedges, so you end with 8 slices per apricot.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan, smooth top with the back of a spoon or spatula and top with apricot slices.
- Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of extra sugar over the top and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.