At a glance
Approx 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1kg chicken breast tenderloins
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and red pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear for approx 3 minutes per side, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Addd asparagus and tomatoes to the pan, season with more salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, until asparagus is bright green and tomatoes are slightly wilted.
- Move veggies to one side, add chicken back in and pour in vinaigrette. Toss together slightly until chicken is cooked through and vinaigrette is thickened. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.