At a glance
Approx 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for cooking
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups shredded baby cos lettuce
- 4 Marion Bay free range chicken breast fillets
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 fresh bread rolls, sliced in half
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a food processor or blender. Add in the lemon and garlic and blend until combined.
- Slowly add in the 1/4 cup olive oil, blending until aioli is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tbsp olive oil, honey and apple cider vinegar. Add the shredded lettuce and toss until all the lettuce is coated.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Pound the chicken breasts to even thickness throughout.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for approx 4-7 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Place a generous dollop of avocado aioli on the base of a bun, then stack chicken breast, tomato slices, a handful of lettuce and top of the bun. Repeat to make 4 burgers.