At a glance
Approx 15 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 500g cooked crayfish meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp red onion, finely chopped, divided
- Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 Hass avocados, roughly diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh rocket or microgreens, to garnish
- Dice half the crayfish into 1.5cm pieces. Slice the other half into neat slices for topping the salad. Place in separate bowls.
- In one large mixing bowl, gently toss the diced crayfish together with all the other ingredients, until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a 10cm ring mould on the plate you wish to serve on and scoop the mixture into the ring mould. Press gently together.
- Place a few slices of the sliced crayfish on top.
- Gently unmould on the plate and garnish with a few rocket leaves.
- Repeat for 8 plates and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, this can be served in ramekins or cocktail glasses.