At a glance
Approx 30-40 minutes
- 6 large roasting potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 4 rashers diced bacon
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover well with water and bring to the boil. Boil the potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender (not too soft).
- While the potatoes are boiling, add oil to a frying pan and fry the diced bacon until crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain them and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked bacon, garlic, parsley, cream, sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Scrape the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese on top is golden.