At a glance
Approx 45 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 65g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 60g butter
- 4tbs golden syrup
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 170C degrees (or 160 fan forced).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Grease a deep pie dish with some of the melted butter. Put the remaining melted butter aside.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon to combine well.
- Transfer the pudding mixture into the greased pie dish.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. To the melted butter, add golden syrup and boiling water.
- Bring to the boil, then pour over pudding mixture and place in the oven.
- Cook for approximately 35 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla custard or cream.