At a glance
Approx 40 minutes
Serves 4 - 6 people
- 6 large carrots peeled & cut into long sticks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 lemons quartered
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp of garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 x tins of chickpeas drained
- Spinach leaves
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, chopped
- 2 handfuls dates halved
- Slivered almonds.
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Tahini to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the carrots, red onion and lemon in a bowl along with the paprika, cinnamon, cumin, olive oil, salt and garlic. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread out evenly on the baking tray and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- When cool add the chickpeas and toss well to coat in the spiced oil.
- Place the spinach, rocket, parsley and coriander in a serving bowl or platter. Top with the carrot and chickpea mixture.
- Mix the natural yoghurt with the tahini and drizzle on top, or serve in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle with dates and the slivered almonds.