At a glance
Approx 45 minutes
- 8 large peaches, white or yellow SPECIAL
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking dish.
- Peel the peaches, remove the stones and cut the flesh into chunks. Place the chunks in a large bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, cornflour, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the bowl and stir together thoroughly to combine.
- Spoon the filling into the baking dish and place in the oven, baking for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, keeping the oven on, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in the egg until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the peaches, then pour the butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite vanilla ice cream.