At a glance
Approx 4.5 hours
Serves 4 people
- 850g Dutch Cream Potatoes, peeled and thoroughly washed
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200g diced Ziggys Chorizo sausages
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooking cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Place a frying pan over medium high heat and fry the diced Chorizo until just browned, then set aside on paper towel.
- Slice the potatoes thinly into rounds. Lay half of the sliced potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker bowl.
- Place the onion rings and fried Chorizo on top of the potatoes.
- Cover with the remaining potato slices.
- In a jug, combine the cream, garlic and pepper. Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes in the slow cooker bowl.
- Place a tea towel under the lid of the slow cooker and turn on high for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the slow cooker down to low and cook for another 2.5 hours.
- When 30 minutes remain, sprinkle the cheese and paprika on top of the potatoes, then return the lid and continue cooking.
- Serve straight from the slow cooker.