- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 1.5-litre (6-cup-capacity) ovenproof dish.
- Combine rhubarb, apple, caster sugar, orange rind and juice in the prepared dish.
- Cover and bake,stirring once, for 30 minutes or until fruit is just tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and using your fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over rhubarb and apple mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with thickened cream, vanilla ice cream or custard.
Note: This crumble makes a warming delicious breakfast and can be served with natural, Greek or vanilla yoghurt.