At a glance
Approx 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 4 fresh peaches
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Caramel Topping for drizzling (or your favourite flavour)
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the stones and set aside.
- Light a BBQ grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the brown sugar in a small bowl. Melt the butter and pour into the bowl with the sugar, combining well.
- Brush each cut side of the peaches with the sugar and butter mixture and place them cut side down on the grill. Allow to cook, undisturbed for about 5 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Turn the peaches over and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, or until tender. When ready, remove from the grill and place on a serving board, cut side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream, honey and vanilla bean paste. Using an electric mixer, whisk on high for about 1 minute, until soft peaks form, being careful not to overbeat.
- Serve the peaches with a dollop of vanilla cream and drizzle your favourite topping over on top.