Banana Split Method
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Put a sheet of non-stick baking paper on top of a sheet of foil. Slice the unpeeled bananas in half lengthways and put them in the centre of the paper/foil.
- Spoon the softened butter, sugar and maple syrup over the bananas, then wrap tightly in the paper/foil. Transfer to a roasting tray, pop the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the banans from their skins and transfer to a plate
Butterscotch Sauce Method
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar to the melted butter and whisk to combine. Then add the cream and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, reducing the heat further if needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the vanilla. Let the sauce cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. When chilled, the sauce is pretty solid so warm it back up in a saucepan on medium heat for a few minutes if you need it to be pourable.
Note: You can be as creative as you like with the toppings you choose, so let your imagination (and your sweet tooth) run wild!