At a glance
Approx 40 mins
Serves 4 - 6 people
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp of mustard, Grain or Dijon (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a casserole dish.
- Steam or boil cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Whisk in flour until well mixed.
- Pour in milk, a small amount at a time and whisk till it thickens. Repeat until you have added all the milk. Take off the heat and stir in cheese & mustard until smooth.
- Spread cauliflower in the casserole dish and pour the cheese sauce on top. Grind some pepper over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, cool slightly and serve.