At a glance
Approx 30 minutes
- 2 x Tassie Crayfish, freshly cooked, shelled and meat torn into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 medium truss tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsp dessert wine
- 2 large basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, mix onion and vinegar, allowing to rest for 5 minutes.
- Then add the crayfish meat, tomatoes, celery, shallot, minced garlic, Madeira, basil, and oil to the onion and vinegar mixture.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the lightly toasted bread with a little extra olive oil and divide the lobster mixture among the toasts.