At a glance
Approx 20 minutes
Serves 2-3 people
- 250g pasta
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg gourmet tomatoes, roughly diced
- 1/4 cup red or white wine
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- Parmesan cheese or ricotta to serve
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. The sauce can be made while the pasta is cooking.
- Place a large pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute until tender. Reduce the heat to medium and add in the garlic. Saute for a few minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, including juice and seeds and increase the heat to medium high again.
- Stir in the wine and bring down to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Season with salt and pepper and reduce the heat to low while pasta finishes cooking.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the freshly made sauce, keeping the heat on low. Stir through for a minute or two, then add in the basil leaves and mix them in to the pasta and sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan or a dollop of ricotta.