- Preheat a fan forced oven to 140C.
- Place the dark chocolate and unsalted butter into a large saucepan over a very low heat, stir until melted and glossy.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and caster sugar. Scrape the bottom of the bowl, then continue to whisk until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Fold in the flour, then with the beater running, carefully pour in the chocolate and butter mixture and continue to mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 40cm x 30cm baking tray lined with baking paper and place into the preheated oven to bake for approximately 50 minutes.
Tip: The brownie should still be quite soft and moist when removed from the oven.
- Place the brownie onto a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature, then place into the fridge to firm up – this will make the brownie easier to cut.
- Cut out 7cm diameter discs from the brownie and then cut each one in half cross ways to make two thinner discs.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
- Scoop out 2 – 3 spoonfuls of ice cream and place onto one brownie disc, then place another disc on top. Smooth out the edges and place back into the freezer on a tray. Repeat this process with the remaining discs and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
Click here to find the original recipe from Maggie Beer.