Fresh, modern, Tasmanian wines with expressive aromatics, Ninth Island’s wide range is vibrant, fruit forward and ready to be enjoyed.
Fragrant, fresh and full of vibrant fruit, the Ninth Island label perfectly captures the distinctive charm of the Tamar Valley wine region. Ninth Island is named after a tiny island that sits alone in the Bass Strait, just offshore from the Pipers Brook Estate where these wines are made. The island’s windswept, pristine environment is the inspiration behind this modern range of wines that capture the wild flavours of Tasmania.
The Ninth Island wine varietals include the following:
- Pinot Grigio: Ripe pear, delicate golden apple and citrus aromas with subtle mineral notes. A luscious palate with flavours of pears, white stone fruits and citrus, finishes clean with fresh minerality. Perfect for any occasion.
- Pinot Noir: Expressive aromas of raspberries, boysenberry with red cherries and hints of earthy spice. Flavours of cherry and mixed berries with hints of mulberry and lasting concentration. Abundant berry fruit and fine supple structure, perfectly suited for early enjoyment.
- Sauvignon Blanc: Tropical notes with lychee, passionfruit, fresh herbaceous character and iced tea. Fresh and expressive with passionfruit, grapefruit and lively acidity, perfect for any occasion.
- Chardonnay: Aromas of white tree blossom, light peach, subtle honeysuckle and green tea. Flavours of white stone fruit, citrus and hints of lychee. Enticing acidity with white quartz minerality.
- Riesling: Aromas of lemon blossom, apple, mandarin, wildflowers and stonefruit with hints of musk and mineral. Refreshing flavours of lime and fresh juicy citrus with limestone minerality and a clean crisp finish. Seamless balance, mouth-watering tension and lasting concentration. Consider pairing this dry style Riesling with seafood, like chilli salted squid, steamed mussels or a fresh snapper fillet.
- Rosé: Vibrant aromas of strawberry, watermelon and fresh cream. Juicy strawberries, pomegranate, and ripe watermelon, held together with fresh cool climate acidity. Very moreish, seamless balance and enticing texture in this dry style rosé.
- Non-Vintage Sparkling: Bright and refreshing, this wine is full of citrus zest, vanilla and white flowers. The palate is layered with lemon curd from the Chardonnay fruit and delicate strawberries from the Pinot Noir, balanced by creamy notes from aging in bottle and the refreshing natural acidity the Pipers River region is renowned for. Aperftif in style, classic in execution.
- Non-Vintage Sparkling Rosé: Bright lifted aromas of rose petals, fresh strawberry, spice and pouring cream. This wine represents the beauty of Tasmanian Pinot Noir, supported by the fresh zesty structure of Chardonnay. The palate is layered and rich, due to bottling aging on lees, balanced by refreshing natural acidity creating a sparkling wine of texture and poise.
You’ll find the full range of Ninth Island wines in our Salamanca, Davey St, King St, Lenah valley & Bellerive stores. Click here for store contact details.