- Peel the garlic, saute in 3 teaspoons of olive oil, then pound in a mortar and pestle with a pinch of
- Pick the basil leaves from their stems. Add the leaves and the remaining olive oil to the garlic
mixture. Pound until smooth.
- [If you’re using tomato… dice then add to the mixture. Continue pounding until the tomato, basil
and garlic are paste-like.]
- Add the roasted baru nuts and pound until desired consistency; for a nuttier consistency pound
less, for a smoother consistency pound more.
- Have a taste and perhaps season with more salt and maybe even some pepper or chilli flakes.
Serving suggestions: enjoy with crackers, bread, through pasta or roasted cauliflower salad.