At a glance
Approx 1 hour
- 125g butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup Milk Thief Organic Kefir
- 1 cup blueberries + a handful extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a round spring form cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- Place the butter and honey together in a separate bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture and half of the kefir, stirring until combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and kefir, stirring again to combine, taking care not to overmix. Add the blueberries and very gently fold through evenly.
- Spread the mixture into the cake tin and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with the extra blueberries and serve.