- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower and break them both into small florets
- Steam the florets by placing in a microwave safe bowl and heating in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Drain the steamed florets of any excess liquid and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, egg and milk and beat until smooth.
- Stir the diced halloumi into the batter. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and stir until evenly distributed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into hot, shallow oil and fry until a rich brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Note: These fritters make a delicious and healthy breakfast choice, but can also be served as a side. You can also try these with your favourite tomato relish or Tatziki dip.