- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg white
- 500g raw almond kernels
- Preheat the oven to 120°C. Line a large, rimmed baking try with baking paper.
- Add sugars, cinnamon, salt and ginger into a small bowl and stir to combine well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg white and vanilla and beat until frothy.
- Add the almonds to the bowl with the egg whites and stir to combine. Add the sugar mixture and stir through.
- Spread the almonds out in a single, even layer on the baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Once crispy, remove the almonds from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.