At a glance
Approx 2 hours
- 7.-8 kg leg ham on the bone
- 250 ml of maple syrup
- 125g brown sugar
- ¼ of cloves
- 2 tbs of wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large baking tray with 2-layer baking paper. Use a sharp knife to cut around the shank of the ham, about 10cm from the end. Run a knife under the
- rind around edge of ham. Gently lift the rind off in 1 piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, about 5mm deep.
- Pour about 1 cup of water in to the bottom of the prepared pan, and wrap the shank of the lamb in foil. Pour ¾ of the glaze over the ham and brush evenly to coat.
- Bake, Brushing with the glaze twice throughout cooking for 1 ½ hours until golden.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil to rest for 30 mins.