At a glance
Approx 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 400g Rigatoni or Fusilli Pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 425g Sandhurst Tuna in Brine, drained and flaked
- 1 large handful of Houston’s Baby Spinach
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley, chopped, plus 1tsp extra for serving.
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan, add in the onion and saute on low heat for 6-8 minutes, until the onions are very soft.
- Turn up the heat to medium and stir in the flour, cooking for 1 -2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, using a whisk to steadily stir it in. Once all the milk is incorporated, continue to heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add in 2/3 of the cheese, the baby spinach, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and pour into a casserole/baking dish. Pour over the white sauce, then add the tuna, and the parsley.
- Mix together and sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, until the cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese and remaining parsley and serve immediately.