At a glance
Approx 1 hour 15 mins
Makes 1 loaf
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the better), mashed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and butter and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar before adding in the eggs, then the vanilla, then the sour cream and finally the bananas.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, whisking it until smooth and just combined into the butter mixture.
- Add the mixture to the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- (You can add ½ cup coconut, or ¾ cup of chocolate chips as different options)