- Heat the olive oil in a frypan and brown all vegetables; sprinkle with flour and stir to dissolve and then set aside.
- Cut the gravy beef into 3 cm squares and season with salt and pepper; brown in batches in the same pan after adding some more oil.
- Add the tomato paste, oregano, vegetables, wine and stock. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 2 hours on a low heat.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with cooked gnocchi.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of sauce and gnocchi.
Notes: You could substitute the gnocchi for your favourite pasta.