- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the combined warm water and sugar and allow the mixture to sit in a warm place until the mixture foams. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift the self-raising flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well and stir in the olive oil. Mix together, adding a little extra water as needed to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle that is approximately the size of an A3 piece of paper, 1cm thick.
- Spread the dough with pizza sauce evenly over the entire surface. Sprinkle the surface with pineapple pieces, ham and grated cheese.
- Roll the dough into a large pinwheel shape as you would a spring roll. Cut the dough into 3-4 cm wide pieces and place each piece into a large shallow baking dish close together.
- Cover the scrolls with air tight cover and allow the scrolls to sit in a warm place until double in size (30 minutes approximately).
- Glaze the scrolls with beaten egg yolk and place in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until the scrolls are golden and cooked.
- Serve hot or cold with soup or for lunch with ham and salad.
Click here to see the original recipe by Australian Pork