At a glance
Depends on serving
- 9kg Ripe Tomatoes
- 1.5kg Onions
- 100g Garlic
- 1 tbs Ginger
- 1.5kg Sugar
- Half Cup of Salt
- 1.25kg Apple Puree
- 340g of Johnno’s Saucemaker
- Take a large pot. Add ripe tomatoes, onions and garlic in that pot.
- Combine ginger with 100ml of water and stir through tomato mixture.
- Boil gently until soft, before pushing mixture through a mouli press.
- Add sugar, salt, apple puree and Johnno’s Sauce maker and mix well.
- Simmer uncovered until sauce thickens.