At a glance
- 80g butter, melted
- 250g (3/4 cup) condensed milk
- 250g plain sweet biscuits like Marie biscuits
- 90g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- Juice from 1 lemon SPECIAL
- Grated lemon zest from one lemon
- 360g icing sugar
- 90g butter, softened to room temperature
- 5 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs desiccated coconut
- Grease and line a 22cm x 32cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
- Crush biscuits in food processor, or place biscuits inside a folded piece of baking paper and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place crushed biscuits in a bowl and add coconut and grated lemon rind.
- Mix to combine.
- Add melted butter, condensed milk and lemon juice to the biscuit mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Press into the prepared tin and place into the fridge.
- In a bowl, whisk the icing sugar, room temperature butter and lemon juice in a bowl until creamy and ‘frosting-like’. If the frosting is too thick to spread, add a little more lemon juice.
- Remove the slice from the fridge and while still in the tray, spread the frosting over the top. Sprinkle with the extra coconut and place back into the fridge to set completely.
- Cut into slices and remove from the tin.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.