- Rinse a medium heavy based saucepan with cold water but don’t dry it.
- Add milk and rice to pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat. Stir in rind, sugar, vanilla beans and seeds, cinnamon quill and salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until pudding is thick and creamy and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream. Remove vanilla beans and cinnamon. Divide mixture among four flameproof ramekins, 13cm round x 3cm deep.
- Combine blood orange rind and extra sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over puddings.
- Cook under a hot grill until sugar melts and caramelises (you can use a kitchen blow torch if you have one).
- Serve rice puddings with mandarins segments.
Click here to view the original recipe: https://miguelmaestre.com.au/recipes/rice-pudding/