- To make the glaze, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, then sauté spring onion for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir until fragrant, then add remaining glaze ingredients and simmer for approx. 5 minutes, until peach breaks down.
- Discard star anise and process mixture in a food processor until smooth, then cool to room temperature.
- To roast the turkey, preheat the oven to 200C. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan, stuff cavity with ginger, spring onion, reserved spring onion tops (from glaze) and garlic, and truss legs with kitchen string.
- Brush turkey with soy sauce, drizzle with a little oil, rub well into skin, then roast for 20-30 minutes, until skin begins to turn golden.
- Reduce oven to 170C, generously brush turkey all over with peach and ginger glaze and roast for 2 – 2.5 hours, basting occasionally with glaze, until juices run clear when pierced with a skewer, or internal temperature of breast reads 71C and thigh reads 82C on a meat thermometer.
- Cover breasts with a lightly oiled piece of foil partway through cooking to prevent browning too much.
- When cooked through, remove from the oven and loosely cover with foil and rest for 30 minutes before carving.
This recipe was originally created by Emma Knowles for Gourmet Travellor. Click here to see the original recipe.