- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan-forced). Grease an ovenproof casserole/baking dish and set aside (minimum of 2 L/8 cup capacity).
- Beat the caster sugar, butter and grated lemon zest together until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one by one.
- Beat in the lemon juice, plain flour and full cream milk. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks have formed. Gently mix through the lemon mixture with a spoon.
- Pour into the prepared casserole/baking dish. Place the dish into a large pan and fill halfway up the side with boiling water (to create a water bath around the baking dish).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and firm on the top and a sauce has formed underneath (it should be wobbly at the bottom).
- Serve while warm with icing sugar, cream or ice-cream.
Click here to see the original recipe at Bake Play Smile.