At a glance
Approx 40 minutes
Serves 4 - 6 people
- 200g Woodbridge Hot Smoked Salmon, set aside a few pieces for garnish
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 6 free range eggs
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 100g marinated goats cheese, drained and oil discarded
- 2 tbsp fresh dill sprigs, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C and line the base & sides of a non-stick springform tin using both sheets of pastry, overlap in the centre and use your fingers to gently press the seams together to seal.
- Roll the edges down to form a rustic free-form edge & trim any excess.
- Combine eggs, crème fraîche & sea salt in a mixing bowl, whisk gently to combine and pour into pastry base.
- Flake the salmon fillet over the top of the egg mixture and crumble small pieces of goats cheese around the salmon.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill sprigs.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins, until golden and the middle is just set.
- Sprinkle with reserved salmon pieces & extra dill prior to serving.