- In medium bowl, microwave jam on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in fresh strawberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat buttermilk, eggs, white sugar, vanilla and zest until combined. Add cream cheese in chunks. Beat on low speed until cream cheese is well distributed but still slightly lumpy. Add buttermilk mixture to bowl with dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined (small lumps are OK).
- In 30cm non-stick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter on medium. When the pan is hot and foam from the butter subsides, add the batter by heaping quarter-cupfuls. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear and edges are set. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- If desired, transfer cooked pancakes to baking sheet in 100°C oven to keep warm. Cook remaining batter in batches, adding more butter as needed. Serve pancakes topped with strawberry mixture and dusting of confectioners’ sugar.
This recipe was adapted from goodhousekeeping.com
Recipe image by Mike Garten