At a glance
Serves 1 person
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Pinch chili powder
- Pinch paprika
- Approx 100g tinned tuna, drained
- ¼ cup diced red capsicum
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and chili powder. Brush evenly over the entire cut-side surface of the avocado.
- Place avocados cut side down on the grill and cook until grill lines appear, approx 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and scoop out a small amount of the avocado from each half to make a bigger ‘bowl’ for stuffing.
- Place the scooped out avocado into a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the tuna, capsicum, jalapeno, oregano and lime juice to the mixing bowl and stir all together with the mashed avocado until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff both halves of the avocado evenly with the tuna mixture and serve.