- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Whisk the egg lightly in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and paprika.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-to-high heat.
- Dip the chicken drumsticks in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Place the chicken in the pan and fry on both sides until golden.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and place on a tray in the oven for 10-20 minutes to finish cooking whilst you make the sauce.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until it’s starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, oregano, paprika, sun dried tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, moving around the pan with a spatula, then pour in the wine.
- Allow to bubble for 2 minutes, then add the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and parmesan, then remove the chicken from the oven. Check to see if the drumsticks are fully cooked by inserting a knife into the fattest piece of one of the drumsticks (it should no longer be pink) and place the drumsticks in the pan of sauce.
- Add the spinach to the sauce and stir to cover the spinach in the sauce.
Note: Serve topped with a sprinkling of parsley. Can be served with pasta, spiralised vegetable noodles or rice.