At a glance
Approx 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 2/3 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 premium Gourmet Tomatoes, ripe but firm
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 cloves large of garlic minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil and add the rice. Reduce heat and simmer until just cooked through. Drain and place into a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out the inside and place into the bowl with the rice. Place the hollowed out tomatoes into the baking dish.
- Add garlic, basil, parsley, parmesan, olive oil, salt and pepper to the rice and combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed tomatoes and replace the tomato tops. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked. This may take longer for larger tomatoes.