At a glance
Approx 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Ziggys Smoked Chorizo Sausages
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Asparagus spears
- Corn chips
- Carrot, celery and cucumber sticks
- Chop the chorizo sausage up roughly and place in a blender. Process until it resembles large crumbs.
- In a large pan, heat oil and add the Chorizo. Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Set aside until ready to use. Leave about 1 tablespoon of cooking fat and add the onion to the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until translucent. Add the flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer. Add the cheese and stir to combine. Add salt and return chorizo to the pan.
- Stir to combine. Let cook slightly before serving.